Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I just installed a window air conditioner in my window. I

I just installed a window air conditioner in my window. I think it is tilted down enough but I'm not sure that my level is all that accurate. The AC makes a crackling noise, along with it's humming noise, and occasional sounds of dripping. I've peeked inside and it looks like there's only a little water - like tiny little pools of water, that are on the bottom along the side of the unit. Nothing like major buildup of water or anything. I don't want my AC to break so I'm hoping that you can tell me if those noises (dripping, crackling) are normal or if I need to do something else.

Hi Danielle...........not sure about the noises I would have to listen....but you really shouldn't have water collecting in the bottom tray..........is has no where to go and it will oxidize..........isn't there a tube that leads to a weep hole?...........you can check a level for accuracy by putting another that you know is good right up on it ............if you get the same reading then it is okay

let me know

Thanks

eddie

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and insightful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Thank you for the positive rating............ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be......if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>