Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I am in the process of power washing my 5 year old fence - I

I am in the process of power washing my 5 year old fence - I am thinking about staining it a light Honey color or just sealing it with a cedar sealer. What is the best honey stain and what would be the best picket sealer. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jeff

Hi ...........how long has it been since you did anything to it?...........Thompsons Water Seal is about the best and they have been around for a long time ......perfecting their product............the only thing is how good or bad your fence looks now and how it will look after the power washing ..............you might have varied results...........so you may want to think about a stain to add a little color to it so it will look it's optimum best.........

If you could upload a couple of photos it would help out considerably

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

please let me know

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is dark here - I will take some pics tomorrow and send them.
Thanks

that'll be great thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here are the fence pics requested, the back fence with the trees have new pickets. Also what would be a light colored or honey stain that will last for a long time. I know about Thompson's sealer - I was just wondering f there was any thing else out there that you would recommend?
Thanks

Question....have you let that new fence weather for a couple of months?.......the reason being whatever you put on there will penetrate better...and maybe look a little more uniform....... What state do you reside?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Houston, Texas

.have you let that new fence weather for a couple of months?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it has been recently installed - why??

maybe you didn't get this so I will paste again............

Question....have you let that new fence weather for a couple of months?.......the reason being whatever you put on there will penetrate better...and maybe look a little more uniform.......

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I did not, Okay - Thanks
So what about the stain and sealer?
Copied from 8-19-17 6:12 PM
"Here are the fence pics requested, the back fence with the trees have new pickets. Also what would be a light colored or honey stain that will last for a long time. I know about Thompson's sealer - I was just wondering f there was any thing else out there that you would recommend?"
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I did not get that, Okay - Thanks
So what about the stain and sealer?
Copied from 8-19-17 6:12 PM

I have always used and guaranteed my jobs by using any ***** ***** products ..........and a select few like Thompsons......so those are the only things I ever recommend ...........it's not to say that Behrs isn't a good product ......I have used that when the customer insisted on buying the material........and that interior that I used at the time preformed very well but it never did the very first time I used it ....years before ........so what I am trying to say ..Moores and even Cabots are all good products..........my suggestion is ......what you might want to get is a semi-transparent stain to start off with........and use it on a sample board that you have left outside also for two months and then you will know for sure what you'll want

Thanks

eddie

Thank you for the positive rating............ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be......if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>

and thank you for the bonus..........that was nice of you