Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

What type of paint should I use to paint the beams in my

crawlspace and if I sell...
What type of paint should I use to paint the beams in my crawlspace and if I sell the house will it look like I tried to cover up mold etcor is it an acceptable thing to do?
8/18/2017
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ...........maybe what you want to try first is to get a pump or garden sprayer and use a half solution of bleach and water ......use the proper safety precautions ........especially a mask ..........and shut off any gas.......this way it would be best to eradicate it and it may disappear .............and if it doesn't then you can paint........but it will be gone before you do and it won't bleed through the paint............please reply back

Thanks

eddie

Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Use an exterior solid color stain that's as close to the color of the natural wood as possible. All traces of any mold must be removed first or the stain won't adhere. I'd also suggest you use a mold/mildew inhibitor to the stain to reduce the chance of new mold growth.

Nothing wrong with doing this and it may not even be noticed. Even if it is you have mitigated the problem (a common one) and it's no longer and issue

Do you have more questions?

I answered your question directly. I'd appreciate a favorable rating

Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Rick
Rick
Rick, General Contractor