Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

Why does the Panasonic FV-08VQC5 run all the time, I've

Why does the Panasonic...

Why does the Panasonic FV-08VQC5 run all the time, I've turned the humidiyl sensor down but it still keeps going when no one is in the room and there's no water runing

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Seems i just put that in

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Turning the humidity sensor down and the time down

8/17/2017
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello… my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. With your help, hopefully we can find a quick and correct solution that will answer your specific question. Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

Is this called an answer? All the info has been given it took two hours to get this response?
I've got a client with a fan that won't stop running and I get this response?

I​'m sorry it took so long however your post just came up when I responded, perhaps another expert had it locked up, I would like to help answer your question if you want me to try?

do you happen to know which mode it is in?

three possible modes: motion on/motion off, motion on/humidity off or humidity on/humidity off.

Both motion and humidity are turned all the way down

The humidity sensor is adjustable between 30% and 80% RH and factory set for 50%.

The humidity sensor continues to check that the moisture levels conditions have been met.
A built-in humidity sensor - detects rapid rise in relative humidity (RH), automatically turning on the fan to remove moisture and helping to prevent mold and mildew.

Built-in adjustable delay timer - can be set from 30 seconds to 60 minutes and activates when motion is no longer detected or when humidity levels are below preset levels

The fan can be set to run 0.5 to 60 minutes after the motion sensor ceases detection or the humidity returns to the set point

Built-in SmartAction® motion sensor - automatically turns on when you enter the room.

if I had to make a judgement call I would say the humidity sensor is either working properly (because the relative humidity is above what it is sensing regardless of the setting selected) or the humidity senor is not working properly (because the selector or the sensor itself is not working)

you can isolate the problem by simply bypassing the humidity sensor and see if the fan stops when you adjust the setting level.

lever

How do you bypass the humidity sensor?
what do I do if it's malfunctioning.
Can I get parts or do I have to buy a new unit and canabalize it for the part if it's replaceable?

e​verywhere I looked replacement parts for the sensors are not available (at $180 it's easy to see why), you can bypass it simply by jumping the wires (it's a switch so connect the wires together bypassing the sensor)

I​f it was me doing this job, I would not be spending a lot of time on it trying to figure out something that is most likely not repairable. I would buy a new one and move on to something else less frustrating, but that's just me.

of course there is the possibility that the RH (relative humidity) is excessive and the fan is doing what it was designed to do. Changing out the unit will confirm either a bad unit (old fan) or excessive RH

This seems ridiculous for brand new $200+ fan. Is there a Panasonic tech support number to piss and moan to?
I bought it on Amazon

would hate to think you got someone else's headache

I didn't buy it used it was brand new

shop.panasonic.com

they have a support section where you can enter the model number and go from there

Thanks

s​ince there isn't any replacement parts available locally (maybe Panasonic Support can ship a replacement) I don't think I can help you much more than this

I again apologize for the issues you had with getting your question answered in a timely manner and I hope you find a quick solution knowing what you have to work with.

I sincerely ***** ***** you for allowing me to help answer and possibly resolve your question today, however before you log off I ask that you please take a few seconds and consider selecting the 5-STAR rating located on the rating box which will complete and close out your question.

You seem to be very knowledgeable as well as reasonable. Should you have additional questions, just let me know.

Thanks again and good luck,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Ty for the positive rating

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor