Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

My kitchen island is 30" in height. I'd like to raise it to

My kitchen island is 30" in height. I'd like to raise it to standard 36" what is the best way to do that? I'd prefer to add something on the top than the bottom.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A cabinet maker/carpenter can add a 6" wide board around the perimeter of the island then stain or paint it to match the cabinet below. Of course the counter top will have to come off first then be replaced once the modifications are complete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I add drawers to the top? I don't want to waste the space

Possibly, it's more invoved but if there's no sink in the way there's no reason you can't have drawers.