Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

How to diagnose the lower pressure water in the bathroom

How to diagnose the lower pressure water in the bathroom shower? There is no water leakage but the shower has low pressure.

Hi ..........what has changed now that the pressure is low............was any pipe work done .........did the town flush the street waterlines?...........is there a leak anywhere in the house ?...........do you have a water gauge to test?.......how long has that showerhead been in use?.............what state do you reside?

thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had a guy separate the water for the duplex. Upstairs and downstairs.Upstairs is ok. Downstairs is not. The shower head has been there a long time.

please take the time to answer the questions ..........I do need to process your specific answers to formulate a response

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
06 August 2017 11:38
Eddie Eddie
Plumber
Hi ..........what has changed now that the pressure is low. Used to be upstairs and downstairs share the same line. Now they are separated using PEX.
...........was any pipe work done ........Pex was added. The water was shut off and turned on.
.did the town flush the street waterlines?.No. ..........is there a leak anywhere in the house ?.No. ..........do you have a water gauge to test? No. .......how long has that showerhead been in use?..Long time. A few years. ...........what state do you reside? Iowa.

okay thank you for that............the water pressure is low in the bathroom.......I know you said the shower but did you happen to notice a drop in the toilet...and sink ?...........are there any other outlets up there .......maybe a washing machine.........any water filters?......a whole house filter?.............do you notice heavy lime.silt.......or dirt deposits?

The shower head is removable........probably with an adjustable wrench and a towel wrapped around another so the teethe of the wrench won't mar the shower arm.........would you know how to do that?............I would like for you to soak it in baking soda and vinegar......then proceed to clean if after 4 or 5 hours using a toothpick to poke and clean the nozzle outlets...............lets start there hopefully it will be something simple

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. Nothing else is bad. Only the shower. No filter in the house. I know how to do it. But I am not there. The tenant can do it I think. I will ask them to do it. Tku.

sounds good ..........let's try that ............quite possibly it needs to be cleaned good because when you shut off the water on the pipes and then turn it back on all that dirt and corrosion just goes through........again please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They have taken everything apart and still could not find where the water blockage is.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What would the next step be?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They have not disconnected the water source to the faucet yet.

so you don't know if that has dropped off too?.........we can't do everything in piecemeal ..........the work is ongong?...........and you are relying on your tenant for information and suggested fixes?...........if you have a plumber there advise him of the problems and see what he will do to rectify if needed ........is he licensed?.................did he add the proper vent ?..I'm trying to fix what I can from my vantage point but I am NOT THERE which it makes it that much harder.......especially when I get different information as we go............have your plumber put a pressure gauge on and see what kind of reading you are getting........you had your tenant do the shower head and follow the instructions I gave?..........just in case he didn't do a good job maybe you can pick up a high volume shower head and see if it changes matters.......perhaps one of these.......

http://www.homedepot.com/s/high%2520vacuum%2520shower%2520head?NCNI-5

it could always be returned

thanks

eddie

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. Problem solved. Debris in the water pipe.

Thank you for the positive rating............ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be......if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>