Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

No electricit to lower thermostat on ge smart water hot

Customer Question

No electricit to lower thermostat on ge smart water hot water tank
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Hang on, I'll have to check with my daughter it's at her house.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: There is an electrician there now.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There was a timer connected to the line, it shorted out yesterday. The electrician replaced it with a disconnect, put a new double pole 30 amp x 2 breaker in. But no hot water. Reset button doesn't click when pressed. Top element has juice, none to bottom
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  David Bowden replied 2 months ago.

Hello… my name is ***** ***** I am very knowledgeable in this subject to help answer your question, would you like my expert advice today?

Here is a link to help your electrician better understand how the thermostats control the elements. It is important that the correct size element (wattage) is installed.

http://www.whirlpoolwaterheaters.com/learn-more/electric-water-heaters/how-electric-water-heaters-work/standard-electric-operation/