Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Safe will not open. have changed battery but still not open.

Customer Question
Safe will not open...

Safe will not open. have changed battery but still not open. what other trouble shooting can I do to determine the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The only markings on the outside are a small sticker with MSW3517 and BG82243*

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The safe is at least 10 years old. this is the first time I have had any issues. All I have tried is changing the battery.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/5/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 11 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ..........has the dial lit up after the battery change?...........or any lights?...........it is a Sentry Safe correct?