Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a sentry safe that the batteries were corroded and I…

Customer Question
I have a sentry safe...
I have a sentry safe that the batteries were corroded and I could not open so I cleaned the terminals and put in new batteries but now I don't have any green lights
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/4/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 1 year ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ....what that means is that you are still not making good contact or the terminals have gone south...........if you did clean them up good try this next.............get a nail file or a pencil eraser and go over them with that ..........take your time you don't want anything to snap off and see if it might do the trick................there also is a spray contact cleaner if you wanted to try that ......has this safe been out of use for a while?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
6 months

yeah you'll probably have to spend a little time with it .........an alcohol swab will probably get off all the corrosion........again try not to pull at it because those type of wires are thin

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie