Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I have a wall hugger bed bought a few yrs ago. The black box…

Customer Question
Hi John my name...

Hi John my name is ***** ***** I have a wall hugger bed bought a few yrs ago. The black box lights up when I press the reset button but the remote light doesn't light up. The batteries did get corroded in the remot when we moved . I scraped the terminals and replaced the batteries but still nothing.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I am checking

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was bought June 2010

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

I have numbers on the remote if he needs that.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
8/3/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The bed is probably out of warranty if it is 7 years old - but I will check on the warranty coverage if you will tell me the bed's brand or maker name.

The corrosion from leaking old batteries that got in the remote could well be the root of the problem. I recommend that you try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the camera On again.

Ok thanks

Let me know how it goes, by and by, please, once that is done. It might help.

The ultramattic comp. finally called me and she resolved the problem for me, thanks

I am glad to hear that. If you think my work so far on the problem is worth a rating for my efforts, please rate my work so far. If not, fine, and thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.

Russell H., Service Tech