Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

How can I prevent concrete from cracking in the future after…

How can I prevent concrete...
How can I prevent concrete from cracking in the future after it is poured and hardened? What is better for a new drive with radiant heat, pavers or concrete?
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/3/2017
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

hi ......they needed to install re bar and maybe another expansion joint........the next day after the pour they should have washed over it with water for a better cure............forget about fillers they never last .........if you do decide to break it up and redo ........keep in mind that the new concrete color will probably not match..............pavers vs. concrete?........they are both about the same really with pavers being more expensive...........but with pavers you will have a better access in case there's a need for a repair.......which actually makes a lot of sense

Right now the driveway is asphalt, so I would either be going over it or breaking it up. What would you suggest ?
What is the best way to heat a driveway to melt snow. Hydronic or electrical

I would concern myself on which is more cost effective...........

I would concern myself on which is more cost effective........... I found this resource for you on Concrete Network which may be helpful and would save my own thoughts of typing them in........but if it were me I would make sure to have a sensor on the electrical system and a generator as a supplemental source

https://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete/snow_melting_systems/comparison_table.htm

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Thank you for the positive rating............ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be......if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>