Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We are redoing our kitchen and I want and need to change our…

Customer Question
Hi, we are redoing...

Hi, we are redoing our kitchen and I want and need to change our overhead lighting. both myself & hubby are handicap, I saw on the show that there is a light fixture that you don't need to change the light blub. I hope you know what I am talking about and where to buy the fixture. thank you. Sharon Stover

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We haven't signed the contract with the contractor yet so it will be at least 3 weeks.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, the contractor has a electrician.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No thank you just the light fixture

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
8/1/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 year ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Never Change a Bulb Again with Integrated Led Light Fixtures...

Changing a lamp bulb is no sweat, but it can be a total hassle when a light bulb burns out in a hard-to-reach lighting fixture in your home. Replacing the bulb can involve a hair-raising climb to the top of a ladder if the fixture is on a high ceiling or above your stairs. But now, thanks to long-lasting LED lights, you can forget what it’s like to change a bulb.

LED technology is now being integrated right into light fixtures, so you’ll never have to install or change a bulb in those fixtures again – because there isn’t even a bulb to change! And prices for these fixtures have dropped dramatically. For example, right now at The Home Depot, you can get a two-pack of Brushed Nickel LED Flush Mounts from Commercial Electric for $34.97.

Hello… my name is ***** ***** I am very knowledgeable in this subject to help answer your question, would you like my expert advice today?

Was this what you were looking for? LED lighting comes in many styles and forms, and your electrician can help you decide what is best for your kitchen. You might also consider tube lighting, which is basically a skylight only tube shaped. Of course this won't work too well at night, but during the daytime it adds a lot of natural light inside the home.

As a qualified expert, I am only able to offer you some basic and specific advice via this email/text, which may or may not have been sufficient enough to answer your question right now to your satisfaction.

I hope you found this advice helpful. Should you have additional questions, just let me know.

Thanks again and good luck,

Dave

Thank you for allowing me to help answer and possibly resolve your question today, however before you log off I ask that you please take a few seconds and consider selecting the 5-STAR rating located on the rating box which will complete and close out your question.

Please note the rating itself does not agree to or acknowledge complete overall satisfaction, it merely signifies that I have acted in a professional manner and made a reasonable attempt to help answer your question to the best of my ability, based on my experience.

If you have any disputes or feel that this site didn’t perform to your expectations, please contact customer service/support to request a refund.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, I thought I answered this, I said thank you LED was what I was
looking for. going today to look at some light fixtures that have LED
lighting. again. Thank you

O​k happy to know I was able to help solve your question, I am not seeing if you have answered the satisfactory rating yet, I do ask you take a few seconds to please complete the 5 star rating questionnaire, a positive selection would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Dave