Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have several pairs of gingher scissors that need

Customer Question
I have several pairs...

I have several pairs of gingher scissors that need sharpening. I do not want to trust them to just anyone. Help!

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I live in a small town and there is no one who sharpens scissors. One pair has a nick of some kind in the middle so it sticks.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't feel competent enough to do that.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Two pair are regular sewing scissors (9"). one is a heavier pair, same size, but with a blunt nose and oneasnd one pair of short embroidery scissors.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/1/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 11 months ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Good afternoon,

From looking into having these type of scissors sharpened, a sharpening stone is often required to keep them as sharp as the day you bought them. As you have stated that you are not feeling up to using a stone such as this (can relate to that as I would be afraid that I would cause damage to the pair), went ahead to research quality services that you can send the scissors to in order to have them sharpened right away:

1. Mail in service that you can send the scissors to:

http://www.simplysharper.com/fabric.php

2. Another mail in service that is authorized by Gingher:

http://www.gingher.us/Gingher_Maintenance.html

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael