Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

My chamberlain lift master will open with one push of the…

Customer Question
My chamberlain lift master...

My chamberlain lift master will open with one push of the remote or door bell type button. However, when trying to close it, the light blinks and the door goes back to the open position unless I hold down the remote or the button on the door bell type button. If I hold the button or remote down , then the door closes like normal. If I release my hold on the button before it completely closes, it will go back to the open position. It goes all the way back to the open position.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started yesterday.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

This is a garage door opener, there is not fuel in any tank, it is an electric garage door opener.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe, it I can find a way to make a small adustment, otherwise I will call a repair person for the job.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The Chamerl***** *****ft Master has been working well for us for many years, and it just started not working . But only closing ! It still opens without any problems.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
8/1/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Which model do you have? Does it have a chain adjustment?