Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Where do I fine install instructions to replace my series…

Customer Question
Where do I fine...

Where do I fine install instructions to replace my series 5000 with a kidde i5000 or i2060?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The model is 5000, a hard wired system with back up battery. It was installed in my new construction in early 2003

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I was informed that the older models of smoke detector have a life of about 10 years. Mine is older and I would like to replace the old with a current model detector

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

Just where I can get the install instructions and look at them before I purchase the 5 replacement units

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
7/31/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 8 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello… my name is ***** ***** I am very knowledgeable in this subject to help answer your question, would you like my expert advice today?

Here is the link to the instruction manual for the i2060

http://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us/products/fire-safety/smoke-alarms/i12060/

Here is the link for the i5000 detectors

http://www.utcccs-cdn.com/hvac//docs/2001/Public/02/User-Guide-Firex-i4618-i4718.pdf

As a qualified expert, I am only able to offer you some basic and specific advice via this email/text, which may or may not have been sufficient enough to answer your question right now to your satisfaction.

Thank you for allowing me to help answer and possibly resolve your question today, however before you log off I ask that you please take a few seconds and consider selecting the 5-STAR rating located on the rating box which will complete and close out your question.

Please note the rating itself does not agree to or acknowledge complete overall satisfaction, it merely signifies that I have acted in a professional manner and made a reasonable attempt to help answer your question to the best of my ability, based on my experience.

If you have any disputes or feel that this site didn’t perform to your expectations, please contact customer service/support to request a refund.

I hope you found this advice helpful. Should you have additional questions, just let me know.

Thanks again and good luck,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor