Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

The light on the opener was not working, so I took out the…

Customer Question
The light on the...

The light on the opener was not working, so I took out the bulb & poked around inside the bulb area. Suddenly a short (flash) occurred and now it does not work. It still has power - the little learning light is flashing. I cannot find a reset button to override the problem. What can I do to get it working again?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Liftmaster 1/2 horse professional.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it is easy.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I push the wall mounted opener, I can hear it clicking as if it wants to work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
7/31/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 11 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello... my name is ***** ***** I can help answer your question, would you like me to try?