Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a problem with my genie 2024. Just now. The light on…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem with my genie 2024

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just now

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The green light on the motor of genie 2024 is blinking

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
7/30/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 1 year ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is ***** *****’d be happy to help you with your difficulties today but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

1-) The make GENIE and model and/or number 2024 of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have either an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2) Home built in 2014
3) Both safety sensors are not blinking, solid green and solid red
4) wall control not working, remote not working, only manual
5) Flashing green on ceiling unit (3 x)
6) no disruption
7) It was going down via remote, but then it would go right back up, so I was attempting to troubleshoot and fix it
8) yes
9) belt drive
10) nothing, door doesn't move
11) Yes, I believe I Can do the work

Hi ............first have you done anything with the belt drive?.........shifted or tightened it?.........number 6 again ..........do you have frequent power outages?...........and #3 not the slightest bit flickering?

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie