Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Can't remember my combination but I do have a key I have

Customer Question

Can't remember my combination but I do have a key I have read the article from The Other Woman and I looked at my safe and there is no serial number there is the model number right below where the key goes I've looked on the back all over and no serial number
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Well I've been going on about five years without knowing the combination and I think it's about time I get the combination see what I have in there
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm hoping I can get a combination recovery
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

If you need to contact Sentry Customer Care, here is their email and phone information:

http://www.sentrysafe.com/customerCare/Contact_SentrySafe.aspx

If you don't have your original factory set combination and/or are not 100% absolutely sure your combination is correct, you will need to recover your original combination from the manufacturer. You can do this very easily by submitting the forms below, following directions, having the Notary form notarized …….then submit the form of your choice by either fax, email, regular mail.

https://www.sentrysafe.com/customerCare/retrieveCombination.aspx

http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/NotaryForm.pdf

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You don't have a Sentry safe I have a Brinks safe
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

Each Brinks 5055 safe has a different default combination, so to get the original combination you must either contact Sisco/ Honeywell who bought out Brinks............This number may be a different one but give it a try 1-***-***-**** - or alternately you may wish to try the re-setting procedure I will describe below.

I strongly recommend contacting Sisco/ Honeywell and getting the original combo that way.
When you do call Sisco, you will need to provide your safe's model number, the serial number (found on the right of the safe, near the model number), and your key number.
At the company's discretion, sometimes they require that you submit a notarized affidavit confirming ownership.

The other option is to attempt to re-set the combination. Previous customers have reported mixed success with this, but here are the directions, should you wish to attempt it:

Select a new 4-number combination. Then:
1. Before starting, clear all settings by turning the dial CLOCKWISE (to the right)
three times.
2. Turn dial to right unti is is on 0 (zero).
3. Turn dial to the RIGHT, passing the first number in the combination FOUR (4)
times. Stop on that number on the fifth time around.
4. Turn the dial to the LEFT, passing the second number in the combination TWO (2)
times. Stop at that number on the third time around.
5. Turn the dial to the RIGHT, passing the third number in the combination ONE (1) time. Stop at that number on the second time.
6. Turn the dial to the LEFT, to the last number in the combination, and STOP.
7. Insert key in the cylinder lock and turn RIGHT to open.
Your safe should now open.

I hope this information is helpful, and you will consider accepting and rating my assistance

Thank you.

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie