Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I need to know how to open my s3877 sentry safe! Known code

won't work. Key won't work JA...
I need to know how to open my s3877 sentry safe! Known code won't work. Key won't work
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Yes, checked code! # is AC 395018
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just discovered the problem
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/15/2017
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ..........there are a couple of things I would like to try and hopefully it will be a simple fix .........first turn your dial 3 times to the left to clear........then hold up the handle and put in the combination and try to open.......if not do the same thing and this time hold the key in to open position and try to open it .....another thing to do is tap all around on the door it with a rubber…… wooden mallet or a hammer with a rag wrapped around ..while lifting the handle ..........you might need to try this a few times .....if it opens, then empty the contents from your safe, lube the solenoid and any other moving parts including thee hinges with WD-40, flex the handle a few times shut it and see if that did anything.......please let me know

Thanks

eddie

Mine does not have a dial....it's a push button style!

okay follow the same instructions just with the digital...........is the battery working? .............and no override key right?

Batteries working..,,I have the key! Nothing's working

and you went around with the hammer?........try again and hold after keying the combination hold the key open and the lever

I went around with the hammer. I've tried every combination I can think possible..... all the ones you gave me x's 3.......nothing is working!!!
I really need to get the contents out! PLEASE advise.......

It looks like you will have to call in a locksmith if it is an emergency.......he can get it opened

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Thanks

If you have found this answer insightful and to your satisfaction, please click ACCEPT, this would be the only way I can be compensated for in assisting you. You have made a deposit for a subscription but no payment will be forthcoming to the EXPERT until you do click on ACCEPT

Positive feedback replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

And thank you for your help and assistance

Eddie

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Thank you for the positive rating............ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be......if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

eddie22Island

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor