Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

Re: 940D-01 garage door opener. Recently, when I close the

Re: 940D-01 garage door opener...
Re: 940D-01 garage door opener. Recently, when I close the garage door, a few seconds later the garage door opens. Any idea why this is happening? Very frustrating. Thanks
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Not too long - a week maybe.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends on how complicated the 'fix' is. :-)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Could it be a battery issue? I didn't realize there was a battery in the keypad.
7/12/2017
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi................ it could be one of two things........the first you may have a slight short in one of the controls or wores leadin to them....have you done any rearranging with anything?..............and two you may have a neighbor who just installed an opener like yours and is on the same frequency.......lets try this and see if it will be a simple fix for us.......

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS: hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be freshDo you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you doThis is starting off with something simple and hopefully it will resolve the issue.......Please let me know how it goes Thankseddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Thank you for the positive rating............ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be......if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>
Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor