Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I'm looking for a wireless lawn sprinkler system. I'm

I'm looking for a wireless...
I'm looking for a wireless lawn sprinkler system. I'm looking for and indoor control panel that can connect wirelessly via Bluetooth to anti-syphon valves for a simple 3-4 valve system. Does something like this exist?
7/3/2017
WCohn
WCohn, Construction Worker

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

They definitely exist, but use your homes wifi instead of bluetooth

Do you have any links to where I can get them or names of manufacturers or retail sales locations? I went to Home Depot and Lowes but they seem to mostly carry Rain Bird or Orbit wired controllers and valves. Bluetooth works since the distance from panel to valves is like 20ft

Home Depot shows them online, but I have never seen bluetooth ones. Here's just one of many

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-B-hyve-6-Station-Indoor-Outdoor-Sprinkler-Timer-with-Wi-Fi-57946/206638404

Oh sweet, cool. Are there specific wireless valves that pair with this controller?

Oh, you are wanting the valves to be wireless and not just the controller?

The have them, but I only install them in commercial applications because of cost. Here's the brand I use, You'll also need the programmer

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-Irrigation-Battery-Operated-Controller-p/wvc-400.htm

Questions?

Still needing help?

Hey there, sorry, this works, thanks! How do I rate?
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

The Home Depot/Orbit system uses smart phone and apps. Sprinkler Warehouse/Hunter system uses batteries and special mounting setups. Before you decide, take a look at this link and see if there is something else that meets your needs. I saw at least one system that was Bluetooth capable.

https://www.postscapes.com/smart-irrigation-controllers/

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

You can complete the rating when prompted to do. If you need further assistance just let me know.

Thanks

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor