Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a window glazing question. I have to repair broken

Hi. I have a window glazing question. I have to repair broken windows in an old factory buildiing with steel sashes. We want to use DAP 1012 glazing putty, but can only find DAP 33 glazing putty at local stores so we bought a small amount of the 33 to test it. We'll get the 1012 online later, but for now are wondering what issues will arise with the 33. It says it can be used for metal, and goes on to say that it needs to be painted afterword. Do you have any experience using 33 on metal sashes, and is it an absolute necessity to paint it after?

Hi ........it is going to take longer for it to dry on the steel than it will for wood and yes you should paint it ......maybe not immediately but not longer then a couple of months

Thanks

eddie

Thank you for the positive rating............ I hope you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved..........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>