Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a Liftmaster 8550 garage door opener that I've had

I have a Liftmaster 8550 garage door opener that I've had since 2013. 2 days ago the wall control unit displayed the message "PRESS THE PUSH BAR TO ACTIVATE CONTROL SEE USER MANUAL" and is unresponsive. The remote opener units in our cars work, as does the outside panel opener. The wall unit is unresponsive. I've unplugged it from the wall but this unit has a battery backup so that did nothing. Can you help me?Thanks,
Brian

hi Brian.........what I would like to do is erase the transmitters then a hard reset and then a re program.......

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS: hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do

Please let me know how it goes

Thanks

eddie

Thank you for the positive rating............ I hope you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved..........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>