Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a yellow light on one of my sensors and the door

Customer Question

Hi! I have a yellow light on one of my sensors and the door stops after only short travel. The attachment to the door will also only travel a short distance only even with the door 'disconnected' (meaning pull the red handle down to disconnect). Are there batteries in these sensors?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A couple of days now. I've got green on the other sensor
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's easy and straightforward.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

Hi .........there are no batteries in the sensors .....but the problem you are having most likely is with the safety sensors...........they both should have a steady non flickering light.........a few things may have happened so we will start with the simplest of fixes first and then get more creative as we go..............perhaps somehow the sensors became out of line.....you need to align them, so the LEDS stay on ...........if you had to, you can disconnect them from the bracket(s) and bring them closer and really point them at each other ..........it's not like it is a laser but they do have to meet...........try this first to eliminate one possibility ..........after this we will explore a bad or loose wire or a bad sensor

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie