Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

This is a garage door opener question. A mouse has chewed

This is a garage door opener question. A mouse has chewed through the wires to the door closing sensors. I have cut out the bad section and reconnected the wires but the senors are not getting power, the lights on the side of the sensors are not lite and door won't close. It displays a code 12 error code.
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: date code is 02/14, no this is the first time.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can, other wise I will have to call a repair man.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is the only problem, it was working fine yesterday.

Hi ..........3 things may be happening........1-) you didn't get all of the bad wire and maybe you should change the whole length of it ...............2-) the sensors aren't aligned well ..............you can bring them closer and find out ...............when the light stays steady then they are working.............3-) make sure your connections are good ........even in the opener itself

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Rechecked the wires and found another place that had the insulation off of it, repaired that place and the door is working.Thanks

excellent I am glad you are up and running again ..........I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Thank you for the positive rating............ I hope you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved..........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>