How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nathan Your Own Question
Nathan, General Contractor
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 25418
Experience:  Experienced contractor, new builds, renovations.
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Nathan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in possession of my Dad's safe...I have called Sentry

Customer Question

I am in possession of my Dad's safe...I have called Sentry safe and they said that the safe is to old and that they can't help me with the combo. Mom believes the combo is 1-41-6...The Info on the front is John D Brush & Co. Rochester Ny 14625 USASerial # 386486
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: rotary dial- purchased in the early 1980's
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

You were correct in contacting sentry as they bought out the Brush safe company, however they don't have most of those original records any longer to tell you the combination.

The pattern for it is right left right, if you want to try the combo you believe it may be.

If that doesn't work, then the dial is damaged or you have the wrong combination. The only option at that point is to contact a locksmith to crack/drill the safe. This would damage it to the point of being unusable in most cases, but you could at least retrieve the contents of it. If you'd like to give me your zip code, I'd be happy to help find a local locksmith that could help you with this.

My apologies for the news,