canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  i have extensive experience in the home improvement industry. my current job is at lowes home improvement.
64367226

Second opinion] how do you wire a garbage disposal to an on

Customer Question

Second opinion] how do you wire a garbage disposal to an on off switch
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: jus got a new disposal to replace an old one and lost the diagram i had to rewire it to the electrical sourse and the on off switch
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: it is over 15 years old and i havnt consulted an electrician
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes i lost my diagram
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Are you replacing the switch or the disposal? You should not have to wire anything to the switch. The only wiring necessary would be done on the disposal. Black to black, white to white and ground to screw. Will you clarify what wiring you are inquiring about or was that it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i replaced my garbage disposal but lost the diagram from the disposal to the power source to the on off switch

It is a regular light switch or push button air switch? I am still not clear why you would be wiring the switch. Was there not a switch before?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I got the diagram i needed

Will you tell me what wiring you were doing? I was confused on what you were wiring since you mentioned you were replacing a disposal but wiring a switch. I still do not understand why you were wiring a switch if you were only replacing a disposal.