Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

Not sure if you have anyone that can help with this problem.

Customer Question

Not sure if you have anyone that can help with this problem. Well water is cloudy, no smell but very dingy. Our well man came out and said all was fine and we should just pour a gallon of bleach in the water tank??? Sounds odd to me???
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: OK, we noticed it several months ago. Turned our water off as it was so bad that it almost ruined my dishwasher with a sandy substance. We have been using our neighbor
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If we could, yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Our well is rather new, only a couple of years old. Our well guy said all was fine. We should just drain the tank and if problem persisted, he could install a filter. Please advise
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Pouring bleach would be advisable if there was bacteria. This is called shocking the well and is common practice. Did he test the water or just suggest shocking the well without any research?