Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My Kidde carbon monoxide alarms beeped at about 30 second

Customer Question

My Kidde carbon monoxide alarms beeped at about 30 second intervals yesterday. I pressed the reset, and opened the windows in my house. No problem until five this morning, when the single beeps started again. I have owned these alarms only a half year. What's the matter? One unit came with a pull tab to activate the battery's backup. The other unit had no such backup tab. I am thinking about unscrewing the battery door and taking the batteries to be checked. I don't want another night of thirty second beeps.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: One model number is ***** The model has a date of Aug. 2016. The other alarm has the same serial number but a date of March 2015. I bought both at different stores last November.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This just started Sunday, at 2:30 a.m. I pressed the reset area and opened the window. But the alarms beeped at 30 second intervals during Sunday afternoon. I pressed the reset on both alarms each time the beeping started. Then the alarms started their thirty-second beeping at five a.m. this morning. I pressed the reset, and opened the windows. Currently, the alarms are quiet, and the green light is shining steadily on both alarms.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Should I open the alarms and take the batteries to be tested? I don't want another sleepless night.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

The system you have is hard wired and integrated meaning it acts as one collective .............so it would be best to change all the batteries in each and see if that would solve the problem..............make sure the hard wire connections are in firmly

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thankseddie