Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have been unable to "set" Chamberlain garage door opener

I have been unable to "set" Chamberlain garage door opener to my Wayne Dalton Quantum garage doors....installed in 2000. Any help?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Have attempted the instructions (9 button presses) about 5 times....over an hour.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just attempting this with a Chamberlain Universal remote....

Hi John............you need to have the exclusive parts from each company ..........and Dalton has been out of business for about 5 or so years now ............if you absolutely had to you would need to get a universal remote that comes with a receiver (2 parts) ...............but in all honesty you would be taking a chance for an opener that you can't get parts for anymore........on top of all of that a garage door opener has a life expectancy of 10 - 12 years ...........it may be prudent at this point to put the 45.00 and only 1 remote toward a new opener (Chamberlain is one of the best) which is user and diagnostically friendly and quieter ........

............We can start here and with feedback you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank You Eddie. Believe that I will take your advice and pursue a new garage door system and will consider a Chamberlain.For now, I will continue with the devices I have on hand. I still have two that work.Appreciate the help.

you're welcome John and thank you for the positive rating............ I hope you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved..........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>