Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a 1/2HP Craftsman 315mhz Garage Door Opener.

I have a 1/2HP Craftsman 315mhz Garage Door Opener. Yesterday my two hand
held remotes and the opener in my car would not work. The wall mounted opener would only work if I held it the entire time it took for the garage door to close. This morning I got up on a ladder and by pressing the learn button and holding the remote button down next to it, they both began to work properly. Then I fixed the one in my car and all was good. That was until about an hour ago and the same malfunctions occurred again. I just tried them again and neither one works. My wife drove up in her car and the remote in her car worked. I am totally baffled. Please help and thank you.

I think what we might is keeping the fix simple at first and try is a hard reset after that I will ask a slew of questions and we will get more creative and try to get this resolved for you ..........

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS: hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 12 inches of the opener when you do

Please let me know how it goes

Thanks

eddie

Thank you for the positive rating............ I hope you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved..........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>