canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  i have extensive experience in the home improvement industry. my current job is at lowes home improvement.
64367226

Please recommend best covers for gutters

please recommend best covers for gutters

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today.

The best type of guards are the surface tension type. They last the longest and debris is directed away while the rain water is directed into the gutters. They are also very secure. It is best to install with rivets instead of screws, so check with your installer first that they use rivets. This will make them much more secure and also screw heads tend to be more restrictive to debris compared to rivet heads.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have gutter covers that blow off in high winds. Please recommend a better solution and someone to install.

Well the type that would not blow off would be a properly installed tension type gutter guard. I can recommend the type of gutter guard but installers are different in different areas. There will be many choices for installers in your area and tension type gutter guards tend to have very long warranties. Some have 20 year warranties.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so much for the info. I will try to find someone in the Lilburn area to give us an estimate.

You are very welcome.