Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I want to keep on a freezer on my truck how can i do that…

Customer Question
I want to keep...

I want to keep on a freezer on my truck how can i do that pls?????

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Compressor 755w

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

11,7amperag

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Voltage 127v+-10%

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
3/23/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You'd have to install a 12 volt DC to 120 volt AC inverter. This is one option. You have to oversize the inverter capacity to allow for the start up power draw which will will be significantly higher than the operating wattage. However 11 amps at 120 volts is 1320 watts. Is that start up? 7 amps is 840 watts.
http://www.theinverterstore.com/2500-watt-power-inverter-12-volt-with-5000-watt-surge.html

You'll have to keep the truck motor running for the inverter to work

Do you have more questions?

I'd appreciate a favorable rating. The thread won't go away and I'll answer related follow up questions even after you rate me favorably

Brian
Brian
Brian, Architect