Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

We just purchased a house in the refrigerator here has

electricity because the lights are...
We just purchased a house in the refrigerator here has electricity because the lights are on but it says off and we cannot get it to turn back on . It was cold when we arrive. But I cleaned it. While I was cleaning it it began beeping at me I assumed because the door was open. And now both freezer and refrigerator are off
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: GE profile Pfs22sisbss
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: looks a bit dated
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I looked online and according to manual you should just be able to select the colder but and the set light should come on and you hit colder again to set it. But the set light doesn't come on. If I leave the door open long enough it beeps at me
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/13/2017
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

You should be able to turn the refrigerator back on by pressing either of the buttons that make it COLDER

Try unplugging the refrigerator for a minute,

Tell me if that works

No. That does not work. Still said off when I press those buttons and the set light never came on when I press colder. I just unplugged it for a little while to see if that would reset it. When I plugged it back in it sounds like it wants to try to work like a fan turning or something. But now the lights still come on in the refrigerator but it no longer says off there's nothing at all in the digital display
Are you able to call me. I'm just about to leave the house where the refrigerator is. But I will stay if you can talk me through something.

Sure just request a phone call

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Your phone request is not coming through

XXXXXXXX I can see the request on my end

That's my phone number

I thought I would confirm our telephone conversation to unplug the refrigerator over night and see if the computer will reset.

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech