Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

I would like to mount a TV on the wall above my fireplace

I would like to mount a TV on the wall above my fireplace and would like to hide the cables. I drilled a hole in the wall to find out my options. I have about an inch between the wall and brick. Stud running horizontal about half way up and something running vertical on the left.I drilled a hole in the side and didn't have much room there, I was using a fish line.I think my only option is the the ceiling and down to a hole above the stud that's in the middle.Any suggestions?

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Is it a wood burning fireplace or gas insert?

Is there a second floor?

You need a "fish tape " and a lot of patience.
I will get you a link to the fish tape and be right back with more details.
Once you are reasonably sure you have a point A and B
You work the taoe into one hole until it comes out or can be pulled through the orher
More to come
https://m.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=fish+tape
This is a link to various "fish tape " devices at Lowes
Basically its a stiff wire or nylon
rod that can be manuverd around inside the wall.
When the route is established a strong string or the wires themselves can be tied to the fish tape and as it is pulled out the string or the actual wires is being pulled in
Sometimes its best to use the string if the wires are stiff and hard to handle.
After the wires are in place they can be covered with the tv or a apparatus box.
https://m.lowes.com/pd/CARLON-1-Gang-Blue-Plastic-Interior-New-Work-Standard-Switch-Outlet-Wall-Electrical-Box/3127461
There are many types but something similar to this
The boxes can be recessed into the wall or the hole can be patched back if it is behind the TV
To get from the wall into the attic you have to drill through the top plate from the attic
Top plate usually looks sonething like this in an attic
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience: Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.