Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

A number of times, we found our garage door open although

Customer Question

A number of times, we found our garage door open although nobody in the house push the remote or the wall control. We even have the wall control programmed so that the remote can not be operated. Why is this happening?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: For a couple of years. It's not occurring all the time, but it happened again this morning. Our opener is Lift Master Elite series, 3/4 HP. We have 3 doors.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can, otherwise I have to call for a service person. We have these serviced last year and I mentioned the situation to the service person but he could not do anything. In fact he was surprised of the problem.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was concerned that this may occur when we are away. I am considering to disable the openers when we go on vacation, if this is even possible.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

Hi ........is it only 1 door of the 3 opening?...........what you have to do is to erase all transmitters and then reprogram because a neighbor might be on your same frequency..........he might even be a block away.............it will be a little tricky to program since you have 3 doors .......but if it is only one try that and make sure you use the same button that you always have on that particular remote

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS: hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 12 inches of the opener when you do

Please let me know how it goes

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

it doesn't look like your model has a vacation lock out button but what you could do is stick a screwdriver in by the wheel and the rail it travels and that would insure the door not to open

Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie