Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

Before I lay my last couple pieces of shiplap I should have

Before I lay my last couple pieces of shiplap I should have my backer and tile floor installed. Then lay my last couple pieces of shiplap.

Easier to tile the floor first then the fit at the wall is not critial since you ca cover that edge with the shiplap.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I should have installed the shiplap to where it ended at the tub all the way down but if I continue down my line I will have a couple inches to fill. Do I install the next board all the way to the tub, and cut a corner so the backer & tile can fit Square in that corner? Continue on my line and install a vertical transition, or do you have another suggestion?

What's that 2 x for? I'd remove it and put a vertical shiplap in its place then run your tile and the other shiplap into it

I'd set it in caulk where it meets the tub and scribe it to conform to the tub contour

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I put the 2x4 there so it would help with a straight line to end my transition. So I should rip a piece of shiplap, looks like it would be about 1-2" wide and run it floor to ceiling.

Yes or make it as wide as whatever will work.

I'd appreciate a favorabe rating