NCCPrime
NCCPrime,
Experience:  President at NCC Prime Construction Inc.
89387220

Garage door goes up but not down. Installed new sensors at

Customer Question

Garage door goes up but not down. Installed new sensors at bottom of door
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Since late dec. main garage door works fine. This the golf cart door. We are part timers here in S. C.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. The 2 dealers I called, cannot get her for a couple of weeks
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have followed directions on door and sensor installation sheet the sensors seem to be in line with each other. The red light blinks when the sensor w/green light is Miss aligned
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  NCCPrime replied 7 months ago.

hello and welcome to the service. Please allow me a moment to better assist you. thanks

Expert:  NCCPrime replied 7 months ago.

Is this a newly installed opener? and if yes, Did you install it yourself or someone else did for you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did not install the lift master door controls or door. I did install new sensors. They are in line to receive.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have already paid for your service.
Expert:  NCCPrime replied 7 months ago.

Ok we will try a few steps together. As far as the payment I would like to make you aware that in order for me to get paid you will have to accept my answer. Otherwise I am not getting paid. Lets get to work now

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I still don't see an answer to my question.
Expert:  NCCPrime replied 7 months ago.

How did you determine that your sensors line up correctly? whats the color of the sensors? is it solid?

Expert:  NCCPrime replied 7 months ago.

Also, when you press the button to close the door do you see a blinking light on your opener?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is a linking light
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The sensors have red light and the other is green. When the green is in proper line , the other with the red light is solid red. If the green sensor is move out of alignment the red starts blinking until the green is back in line.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When will I get the help I paid for?
Expert:  NCCPrime replied 7 months ago.

That is the reason the lights are there. So you are able to align it properly. You need to move the sensors until there is a solid green light on the one sensor and a solid red on the other sensor. If that still doesnt work check and see if the sensors are 6 inches above ground. Also check the white wires if they are wired properly. There are additional steps if after you check what i suggested and still doesnt work

Expert:  NCCPrime replied 7 months ago.

Remember that both the truck and the photo eye need to be properly aligned.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I still don't have answe to problem
Expert:  NCCPrime replied 7 months ago.

Please also try to check your trucks. were the trucks already there before you installed your sensors? if the trucks arent aligned properly then your door will open but it will not close.

Expert:  NCCPrime replied 7 months ago.

Hello again, I am following up to see how you did with your door opener. I am looking forward to hear back from you and if you were satisfied with my assistance I would appreciate your feedback by accepting my answer and giving me a rating since this is the only way experts get compensated for their time and help. Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My door is still not working. I am not sure what you mean by trucks?
Expert:  NCCPrime replied 7 months ago.

the trucks are the metal trucks your door runs on. If they are gaps between the roller and rail or any bends then the door will not move. Can you please check that? Also, when you use the transmitter inside your garage wall can the door open and close? or the problem is only when you use the remote control?