Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I have a Genie 1000 and it stop working, it will not respond

Customer Question
to the opener I noticed...
I have a Genie 1000 and it stop working, it will not respond to the opener I noticed on the emergency stops I have a green light on one and a red light on the other, is that normal?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it's about 6 months old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just today. I've tried checking the connections, I've unplugged it and plugged it in
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
1/2/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 1 year ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

If I may ask:

1-) The make GENIE and model 1000 and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be 6 MONTHS and if you are the original owner

3-) Do you have 2 safety sensors on your door? ....are the LEDs steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Brian
Brian
Brian, Architect