Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I'm having trouble with my remote. I have a couple of other

I'm having trouble with my remote. I have a couple of other remotes
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: (Clicker) and I'd like to reprogram them to operate my liftmaster
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nothing I can think of

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ..... I will do my best to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer.

1-) The make LIFTMASTER and KLIKER2u? model and do you have the manual for both?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner?

3-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ? has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics?

4-) what exactly happens that goes wrong with it?

5-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The switch on the liftmaster remote is faulty, but I don't care about that if I can use the Clickers. The Liftmaster remote is Model
371LM and on the Clicker is CLT1D. The Clicker is about 20 years old and the Liftmaster about 5. I'm the first owner of both.
I know how to program the Clicker, but have no way of knowing how the Listmaster is set and how it would translate to the
Clicker. They may be incompatible, but I just don't know.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm deaf and phoning wouldn't work.

were you sent a phone request? ...........sorry if you were

20 year old clicker .......the ones I know of are spelled with a K and they have the receiver and transmitter to work with any opener...........I'm not sure of what you have or if it will work ........so about the only thing we can try is to erase and start over ..........here are the instructions to follow ..........

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS: hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 12 inches of the opener when you do

Please let me know how it goes

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The Clicker is programmed with numbered buttons that match what's on the opener.
I think I'm wasting your time. I suspect these transmitters are not compatible with the Liftmaster opener.

Hi Ell...........I think it is compatible and we could do this.......need some info

1-) on your opener do you have dip switches or a learn button?

2-) what color is the learn button?...........I believe it is purple so if you could verify

3-) in the compartment on the clicker do you have 2 sets of dip switches? first a 4 and then maybe 12 more below that

4-) do you still have the original remotes

here is a link to compatible remotes if in case we can't get these programmed

https://www.liftmaster.com/catalogresourcesv3/en-us/shared/files/generaldocuments/accessory%20compatibility%20chart%20pro4797%20100915.pdf

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, Eddie. The opener does have a purple button. The Clicker has the dip switches and I have the original remotes..
I had an operation to put in a cochlear implant in my inner ear this morning and can't walk very well yet (my balance is bad)
so I can't do anything yet. I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

your equilibrium is off ...........feel better Ell..........and when you do I will be here for you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry, Eddie. The result of my operation is that I can't do anything on this for some time. The doctor doesn't want me to bend, stoop or stretch until at least next Wednesday. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

no reason to be sorry your health comes first Ell ............don't think twice about it ................I will be here to help you whenever...........feel better

eddie

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, Eddie. Happy New Year.

same to you .............talk to you soon