Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I am having problem with my 1/2 HP garage door opener. It is

Customer Question
a Craftsman MOD#139.539 85D. SER.#...
I am having problem with my 1/2 HP garage door opener. It is a Craftsman MOD#139.539 85D. SER.# 164712200526
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: The door opener has using quite a number of light bulbs lately. However the last week or so I have been having a problem with the remote opening and closing the door. I replaced the battery with a new one. But this didm't solve the problem. I can open and close the door with the wall button I have inside the garage. But only if I hold the Button in.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: It is a craftsman Mod#139.529850 Ser,#164712200526 1/2 HP.It Has only been doing this recently,
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have another opener the sane size and Make,Model Number.No problem
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/31/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

You can re-pair the remote. To do that, identify which of the openers you have on the following page and follow the pairing instructions.

http://bitli.es/MhTYdL

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority.
Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am compensated for my time.
You can reply back at any time, even after rating, if you need additional assistance.

--------------------

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer