P.J.
P.J., General Contractor
Experience:  Various construction experiences, both good and bad, allow me to help others solve their home improvement issues.
75205684

How can a roof thats pitched to the drain and has standing

How can a roof thats pitched to the drain and has standing water be patched in winter when it keeps on running water from snow & ice thats melting
JA: Have you talked to a roofing professional yet?
Customer: Yes he put some patch that can be done when wet but not when there is a puddle of water
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No I want to know what to recommend to my contractor
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just want to know how to stop the leak

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be working with you today.

If you know where the leak is then you'll just need to choose the correct size of waterproofing membrane. It may be a narrow strip of flexible flashing or a wide band of ice and water shield. These are both available at any home improvement or building supply store. They can both be adhered to the wet surface using Lexel adhesive caulk. Lexel is designed to adhere to wet substrates. You'll want to allow any trapped water to make its way out below before making any repairs there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If we cant let the water out what can be done do do the rpair?

The Lexel adhesive performance is not hampered by the water. Any water that is left under the repair will just have to be allowed to leak down below until dry.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is if you need to work in a puddle of water?

Boots are probably the best bet..seriously the water won't cause an issue. Just get in there and do it is the best advice I can give. You could always use a hose to siphon the water off the roof first. There are probably plenty of options to get rid of the majority of water.