Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

Shower drain is partially clogged at entrance from about 30

Customer Question
years of working. The material...
Shower drain is partially clogged at entrance from about 30 years of working. The material is hard as concrete. What to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Is this on a tub or a stand up shower?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Stand up shower

Ok, since I doubt you put concrete down the drain I have to assume the material you describe is calcium deposits and soap residue. I'd stuf a rag in the drain and cover the blockage with a product like CLR. Even white vinegar can work to dissolve this type of deposit

You may have to chip some of it away. You can suck out any solids that fall down the drain with a wet vac. They will stop at the trap.

Brian
Brian
Brian, Architect