Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

Is there a way of poisoning mice and rats that would not

Customer Question

Is there a way of poisoning mice and rats that would not affect my dogs should they catch said rat if it has ingested the poison?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what your mouse ate?
Customer: No it hasnt eaten anything yet, but I need to get rid of some rats but am weary because my dogs catch them - they are dachshounds and love hunting
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about your mouse?
Customer: These are wild rats and mice
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Handyman Matt replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately there are no mice or rat poisons on the market that are safe for cats or dogs. Humane or other lethal traps are the only way to go when you have pets. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks!