How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick, General Contractor
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 21386
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In a zero lot land property I have a large brick wall facing

Customer Question

in a zero lot land property I have a large brick wall facing my neighbor that the mortar is coming loose probably from poor quality on not enough cement.
At it highest is about 30 feet tall, and the length about 50 feet.
in order to access it I have to go into my neighbor's property.
my question.
what is the best solution to repair it?
and do you have a suggestion as to the type on contractor to use
the property is in Baton Rouge,La.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

With this type of failure the standard fix is to re-point the mortared joints. This means removing the loose mortar and refilling the missing mortar in the joints. This is a job for a (brick) mason.

Related Home Improvement Questions