How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Pete Your Own Question
Pete, Electronic Engineer
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 17325
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Pete is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a diplomat safe from an estate no key nor

Customer Question

i have a diplomat safe from an estate no key nor combinnatioon can you help me find a key
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about 2 months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the safe was my brothers i am the executor of his estate and need to geet into it i dont think much is in it mostly papers
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

You can contact Diplomat to request the master combination and a replacement key.
You will need to provide notarized proof of ownership.
Alternatively, a local locksmith could assist you getting into it using othernon-destrutive or destructive means.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
diplomatsafe company is in Australia and will only respond to those in Australia and a locksmith willcharge me more to open it than a new one
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Ok, then your best option is probably to use destructive methods to access the contents if you want to get it opened.

Related Home Improvement Questions