Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I think I pulled a grey wire loose from my Destinygarage

Customer Question

I think I pulled a grey wire loose from my Destiny*****garage door opener and now it is not working. Where do I reconnect it?
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I thought I was connected to someone and I paid (the full price) but now I've not heard back
Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

If I may ask:

~~PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO THEM~~

1-) The make DESTINY and model 1200 and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive? BELT

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Eddie,
This opener is actually at my mother's home. I guess I should be there for this. Can I call you from there?
I have some of the answers :
03 October 2016 02:15
Eddie Eddie
Home Improvement Expert
Hi my name is ***** ***** can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.If I may ask:~~PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO THEM~~1-) The make and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it? Destiny 12002-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner 3 years old3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes normally 1 wall control and 1 remote but neither are workng now5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is? no6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage. We accidentally pull a wire loose from the ceiling unit (I think)7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ? see above8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener? yes9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive? belt10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?
Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

it would be best if you were there but Just Answer requires an additional charge for a phone call or premium service ..........so if you tell me when you will be there I will try and hook up with you and we can start doing it here first

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
well my mom is there so I can send be the go between and have her do whatever you tell me
Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

okay if you want to try that .......but can she climb a ladder ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
try to stop her!
Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

she's got moxie ..........I like it

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
too much probably!
Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

okay gather up that information and then I will look it over.........and then we will see how to fix it

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There were some lights flashing on the unit after she pulled the grey wire, but she unplugged the unit from the power and now nothing is lit. The sensors by the door are not flashing either.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
she is not sure if you pulled the grey wire loose but when the door quit working she noticed the wire so she thought she may have hit it
Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

where was the gray wire connected?...........to a sensor .............the opener.............the wall control?...........that's why I need specific answers

How many times did the opener blink before a pause?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that's the problem, The wire is coming from the back of the motor unit on the ceiling, The opener is not blinking at all
Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

she could plug it back in and see how many times it blinks ............and I need to know what is not working .........if you can't fill out the questionairre then we will have to do this by phone

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok i did fill in the questionaire. I quess you did not get it. I will do it again
Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

Im sorry I didn t see it ...................give me a few

Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

is she able to take pictures...........so you can upload .........I need to know where that wire is coming from

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
she said it is coming out of the back of the ceiling unit. Well I just spoke to my husband and he said that was the antenna wire and it normally does hang like that so somethink else must be the problem. But no lights are working anywhere.
Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

you're husband is right .........so it is back to the questionnaire there are questions you didn't answer.........she has to plug the opener back in to see how many times a light might be blinking ...........and the sensor lights

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ha Ha....it says all over the power cord to not unplug. But she had already. I had her unplug and plug back in. It has a blue light blinking so I guess we need to reprogram the remote control (she changed plugs so I suppose she had plugged it into a bad one first . good grief!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Eddie...the software is telling you that you sent a reasponse, but I have not seen anything since my note that started with Ha Ha....
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, are you still there? I need to go to her house and help to reprogram this thing if we are done
Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

yes ........re-program and let me know ...........sorry it got real busy ........I always check so it might take a little time but I will always get back to you

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

If you have any additional questions so that I can receive credit or any concerns, construction.......decorating....... any kind of repairs, etc I will be here for you

thank you

eddie