Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

When set on automatic timer, Sprinkler system will go back…

Customer Question
When set on automatic timer...
When set on automatic timer, Sprinkler system will go back and forth between the same two zones for the entire duration of time. We have five zones and the sprinklers are on a well. All the sprinkler heads are in perfect condition and the system will rotate all five zones when done manually.
How do we get the sprinkler system to go through all five zones automatically?
We moved into this house a year ago and the lawn is dying in many places.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/18/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer replied 1 year ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer

What kind of sprinkler system do you have so I can try and look up some instructions for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
An old one. Nothing marked on it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Everything works perfect, manually. When it is set to go on automatically, it will only go back and forth between two zones

Since I am not sure what system you have I have found some basic information I can provide. Does your unit have a name anywhere on the control system or anything?

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/programming-controllers-timers-s/8260.htm

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing marked on it.