Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I have an old chamberlain garage door opener. Can't read the

Customer Question
I have an old chamberlain...
I have an old chamberlain garage door opener. Can't read the model number, so I don't know exactly how old it is. Remote has gone out and need to replace with a new Chamberlain Universal remote. Criteria given doesn't seem to fit this application. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 day by:
9/19/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 1 year ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi Shirley .........do you have other remotes that are working?.............what about the wall button?

a new universal might cost around 45.00 plus 12.00 for each additional transmitter.......you might want to consider if it is cost effective for you

in the meantime I would like to make sure of something before we proceed if you can ...........

I would like to do is erase the transmitters then a hard reset and then and re program.......then we will get more creative as we go

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS: hold down the learn button for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do

Please let me know how it goes

Thanks

eddie

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor