Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Garage door monitor lights flas on and off

Customer Question
garage door monitor lights flas on and off
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
all batteries were replaced. The monitors do not have batteries that I can see.
9/2/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The Chamberlain whisper drive 6066 garage door opener is equipped with two safety features that may prevent the door from closing and cause the lights to flash.

The most common reason for the lights to flash on the garage door opener and the door not closing is that the safety reversing sensors are misaligned or obstructed; this is a safety feature of the garage door opener.

When properly connected and aligned, the sensor will detect an obstacle in the path of its electronic beam. If an obstruction breaks the light beam while the door is closing, the door will stop and reverse to full open position, and the opener lights will flash 10 times.

The garage door can be closed by pressing and holding the door control push bar until down travel is completed, if necessary.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

just checking in on your question - did you check the sensors?